Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2001/09/19 19:31:34 UTC

Client Certificate using http1.0 and TC3.3

Hi,

I have prepared a patch to allow to use "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate"
with the Http10Connector of TC3.3.
But I think the TC does not send a list of Acceptable client certificate CA
names, therefore I am not able to test my patch.

Has anyone already request for client certificate in TC3.3?

My config is:
+++
        <Http10Connector  port="8443" secure="true"
             keypass="my_password"
             clientauth="true"
         />
+++
Any hints?

Cheers

Jean-frederic

PS: I am going home and will go on tomorrow (it is 19:29 here now).

Re: Client Certificate using http1.0 and TC3.3

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
"Clere, Jean-Frederic" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have prepared a patch to allow to use "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate"
> with the Http10Connector of TC3.3.
> But I think the TC does not send a list of Acceptable client certificate CA
> names, therefore I am not able to test my patch.
>
> Has anyone already request for client certificate in TC3.3?
>
> My config is:
> +++
>         <Http10Connector  port="8443" secure="true"
>              keypass="my_password"
>              clientauth="true"
>          />
> +++
> Any hints?

I have patched src/share/org/apache/tomcat/modules/server/PoolTcpConnector.java
now TC3.3 asks for the Client Certificate.