Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Riyafa Abdul Hameed <ri...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2016/03/22 13:08:47 UTC

Remote debug vxquery

Hi,

I am trying to understand the code base of vxquery and trying to do so by
remote debugging, but I am having trouble doing so. I used the following to
run vxquery as in [1] in a linux machine
*JAVA_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005" sh
~/Documents/workspace/vxquery/vxquery-cli/target/appassembler/bin/vxq
test.mq <http://test.mq> -showoet*

The line
* Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005*

appears but vxquery continues to run without stopping till debug is started
in intellij (I am using intellij and was expecting vxquery to stop running
and listen at port 5005 till I press debug in intellij).

What am I doing wrong? How can I remote debug vxquery? Please kindly help

[1] http://vxquery.apache.org/development_eclipse_setup.html

Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Riyafa
--
Riyafa Abdul Hameed
Undergraduate, University of Moratuwa

Email: riyafa.12@cse.mrt.ac.lk
Website: https://riyafa.wordpress.com/ <http://riyafa.wordpress.com/>
<http://facebook.com/riyafa.ahf>  <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/riyafa>
<http://twitter.com/Riyafa1>

Re: Remote debug vxquery

Posted by Riyafa Abdul Hameed <ri...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,

Sorry about the previous mail. I managed to debug by running the following:

*JAVA_OPTS="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"
sh ~/Documents/workspace/vxquery/vxquery-cli/target/appassembler/bin/vxq
test.mq <http://test.mq>*
It was a mistake.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,