Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2006/10/15 08:06:09 UTC

New PO status needed for "Inventory Problems"

I need to identify  Purchase Order with "Inventory Problems", namely
  1. Partially Received POs
  2. POs open past their ETA
  3. POs with rejected items

I propose to add a new status "Pending" between "Approved" and "Competed" to cover all this cases. For the moment this status would be only used in "find orders" and "list of orders" screens and does not need to be updated elsewhere by event mechanisms which would be ressources consuming because time is implied here by state 2. I'm not sure yet if the 3 cases above will have to differentiate further.

What do you think ?

Jacques

Re: New PO status needed for "Inventory Problems"

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
My customers(5) consistently ask for More statuses (up to 17) to be
shown for business flow. I have not had one, yet, that was happy with
the basic statuses in the SVN(vanilla) ofbiz.

They vary as to how many and where the statuses should be.

I have been thinking how to implement say all the statuses anyone would
ever want, and the ability to turn off/on those with a configuration
file.  Maybe as simple as changing the status flow in the

That way developers could add to the list, with the services that
supported it, but not have them active.

The SVN configuration would be the same then the developer would enable
those or add to them.

What I am trying to focus on is framework for statuses, if that is possible.

I have yet to come up with a good framework that would not be more work
that just coding them in.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 10/15/2006 9:08 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Chris,

From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@yahoo.com>

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.