Posted to user@spark.apache.org by dachuan <hd...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 20:15:23 UTC

why is it so slow to run sbt/sbt assembly in my machine?

Hi, community,

I have run sbt/sbt assembly, but it is stuck at the following place for 30
minutes.

Does anybody know what's the root cause? my machine's memory size is 4GB.

thanks,
dachuan.

[info] Packaging
C:\cygwin\home\dachuan\incubator-spark\assembly\target\scala-2.10\spark-assembly-0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-hadoop1.0.4.jar
[info] Packaging
C:\cygwin\home\dachuan\incubator-spark\examples\target\scala-2.10\spark-examples-assembly-0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
(STUCK HERE)

--
Dachuan Huang
Cellphone: 614-390-7234

Re: why is it so slow to run sbt/sbt assembly in my machine?

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
In case that wasn't clear, what I am saying is that starting sbt with
`./sbt/sbt` and then running `assembly/assembly`, `tools/assembly` and
`examples/assembly` will get you to the same state as if you had run
`assembly` -- but without the slow assembly bug.

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.

Posted by dachuan <hd...@gmail.com>.
I didn't try too many times. Because I just git cloned the repo.

And I have just realized that it now had passed that stage and finished,
maybe the whole process takes at least 45 minutes.

I am using cygwin on windows 7.

And Mark, thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely try that if I run
into the same problem.

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.