Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/05/16 11:52:28 UTC

Catching AssertionErrors

Hi list,

I enabled assertions in my Tomcat (-enableassertions), but
the AssertionErrors are not handled by <map:handle-errors>
and can only be seen in the Tomcat log.

Maybe that's not too important because one wouldn't use it
in a live environment, but it would be helpful for debugging
to see an error message in the browser window.

Is it possible to configure my environment to behave this way,
or do I have to patch my Cocoon?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Re: Catching AssertionErrors

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:

[...]

> You would need to patch your Cocoon.

OK.

> We've had this discussion recently
> on cocoon-dev but nothing concrete has been done about it yet.

Yes, I noticed that. I will follow the discussion.
Thanks for your reply!

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 11:52, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I enabled assertions in my Tomcat (-enableassertions), but
> the AssertionErrors are not handled by <map:handle-errors>
> and can only be seen in the Tomcat log.
>
> Maybe that's not too important because one wouldn't use it
> in a live environment, but it would be helpful for debugging
> to see an error message in the browser window.
>
> Is it possible to configure my environment to behave this way,
> or do I have to patch my Cocoon?

You would need to patch your Cocoon. We've had this discussion recently
on cocoon-dev but nothing concrete has been done about it yet.