Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/07/23 07:00:22 UTC

plugin release managers/lead developers

Hi all,

I know we discussed/decided this some time ago but I'm not sure of the level of
completeness we got to. Can I ask that everyone that feels they own a plugin
make themselves the JIRA project lead and send a list to the list (if we
disagree, we can sort it out then).

Anything left over will be put up for grabs.

Anything still left over will be relegated to the sandbox. This means it is no
longer distributed with Maven. If there is demand, the code will still be in CVS
as it was so it can be moved back into the fray for further releases, and old
releases can be plugin:download'ed.

These only apply to Maven 1.x plugins - not any maven-components or mojos.

Thanks!
Brett

Re: plugin release managers/lead developers

Posted by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
Although Dion very kindly committed the original rar plugin, since you
wish to be lead of all the other j2ee artifact generating plugins, it
might make sense for you to take that one as well.

BTW all suggestions for improvements would be welcome:-)

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.

Ok, I agree.

To any jira admin, remember to allow plugin developers to create versions as
we have discussed in a thread before.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project
http://oness.sourceforge.net

RE: plugin release managers/lead developers

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
I am currently marked as project lead for the following:

- abbot
- announcement
- ant
- aspectj
- aspectwerkz
- caller
- changelog
- changes
- checkstyle
- clover
- dashboard
- deploy
- ear
- eclipse
- ejb
- jboss
- jetty
- junitreport
- multichanges
- site

I am kinda active on most except for the following that I haven't touched in
ages (I don't even know why I am marked as lead on those):
- ant
- changelog
- deploy
- junitreport
- site

Thus I would like to remove myself from project lead on those projects.

Also, I would prefer if some other more active developers stepped in for the
following projects:
- checkstyle
- ear
- eclipse
- ejb

Lastly:
- aspectj - It seems that Carlos is more active so I wouldn't mind if
Carlose stepped in as lead dev :-)
- caller - I think it should be moved to sandbox or deleted as it has not
caught on.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I'd volunteer to take Hibernate and CruiseControl if the current leads don't
want to keep the role.  And, if no one else is chomping at the bit, Eclipse.
All three plugins are near and dear to my heart!

Eric