Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Sowatskey <ns...@cisco.com> on 2009/05/29 13:48:28 UTC

Problem with #include file in index.apt.vm

Hi all

I have this directive in an index.apt.vm file that is in src/site/apt:

 #include("user_stories_table.txt")

I also have the user_stories_table.txt file in the same directory.

The #include does not find the file. I have tried moving the file to various
other locations, still won't find it. I have tried renaming the file to .vm
in the apt dir, won't find it, I have tried ....

I have also tried creating a velocity.properties file with various loader
properties in it. But I don't know where to put the velocity.properties file
so it is picked up, nor am I sure what the root of the relative paths will
be, so I can't be sure what the property value should be.

The error is below.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Nathan

When I run mvn site, I get:

[ERROR] Cannot process content resource
[ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)
    at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:80)
    at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ContentResource.process(ContentResource
.java:62)
    at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource(Resour
ceManagerImpl.java:415)
    at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(Resourc
eManagerImpl.java:335)
    at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getContent(RuntimeInstance.java:
1152)
    at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include.renderOutput(Include.java:225)

--
Nathan Sowatskey (nsowatsk@cisco.com) - Technical Leader, NMTG XMP -
+34-638-083-675

Re: Problem with #include file in index.apt.vm

Posted by Nathan Sowatskey <ns...@cisco.com>.
Hi

Apologies, this is a maven site build using a velocity template. This
#include is supposed to include external files in a Velocity template.

See:
http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/user-guide.html#Include

This is not being used in the context of Servlets.

I am sorry that was not clear.

Many thanks

Nathan

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.