Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2000/11/02 08:02:00 UTC

Searching for build.xml

As you may recall I expressed some reservations about the feature introduced
in ant 1.2 whereby ant will search up the directory tree for a build.xml
file

I recently asked my sysadmin to install ant 1.2 on our Unix system and,
after reading the release notes, he sent me a colourful email, attached
below.

Dose anyone else, or their sysadmins, think this is a problem?

Thoughts?

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au

Re: Searching for build.xml

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 06:02  2/11/00 +1100, you wrote:
>As you may recall I expressed some reservations about the feature introduced
>in ant 1.2 whereby ant will search up the directory tree for a build.xml
>file
>
>I recently asked my sysadmin to install ant 1.2 on our Unix system and,
>after reading the release notes, he sent me a colourful email, attached
>below.
>
>Dose anyone else, or their sysadmins, think this is a problem?

yep ;)
I agree it is useful (reduced the size of my elisp code heaps) but I never
felt comfortable with it.

Cheers,

Pete