Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2002/05/28 21:02:10 UTC

admin environment

Hi,

I builded an admin tool with the PHP Xindice Admin, so that i can browse and
change the XML-files in my xindice. I used the xmlrpc implementation for
php, to communicate with the DB.

I had several problems like character encoding.......

So now i'm searching a tool like phpMyAdmin it doesn't matter if its for
java or php or ..... i just wanna change my content and i wanna be warned if
i mispelled a TAG.
I also tried the Xindice Browser, but i couldn't change the content.

Does anyone know of such a tool?
Or is anyone interested in building such a tool, maybe with XSD support, so
the tool can generate Forms automatic.

mfg stefan

RE: admin environment

Posted by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com>.
hi
	i'm working on an updated version of the php admin client.  it has an
editing interface, but currently it just gives you a big textarea and lets
you edit the document.  i ran into the char. encoding problems, and have
some minor tweaks that help alleviate the difficulties.  are there features
in particular that you are interested in?

dave

> I builded an admin tool with the PHP Xindice Admin, so that i
> can browse and change the XML-files in my xindice. I used the
> xmlrpc implementation for php, to communicate with the DB.
>
> I had several problems like character encoding.......

Oh, I know that. I have the same problems with Perl....

> So now i'm searching a tool like phpMyAdmin it doesn't matter
> if its for java or php or ..... i just wanna change my
> content and i wanna be warned if i mispelled a TAG. I also
> tried the Xindice Browser, but i couldn't change the content.
>
> Does anyone know of such a tool?
> Or is anyone interested in building such a tool, maybe with
> XSD support, so the tool can generate Forms automatic.

Perhabs you like to try the Eclipse/Attrezzo combination:
http://attrezzo.sourceforge.net/docs/walk_through/walk_through.html

It's comfortable but I don't know if you can add tag-validation.

Daniel

AW: admin environment

Posted by ZeSolo <ze...@zesolo.net>.