Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by AlexeyG <ag...@z-techcorp.com> on 2006/07/28 21:47:27 UTC

MS Access LDB locks using JDBC-ODBC bridge and iBATIS

Hello,

I am attempting to use iBATIS and to access MS Access file via JDBC-ODBC
bridge.

(I am using Spring's "SqlMapClientDaoSupport," but that is probably
irrelevant)

All this runs on Tomcat...  First time DB gets accessed the LDB lock file is
created.  From there on the only way I can remove the lock file is to kill
the JVM...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

- general ideas/info on the way iBATIS behaves with JDBC-ODBC bridge and
locks

- maybe I can somehow get Spring to reset the bean?

Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.

Re: MS Access LDB locks using JDBC-ODBC bridge and iBATIS

Posted by Sven Boden <li...@pandora.be>.
You might also consider Kettle ;-) http://kettle.javaforge.com ... but
this is getting pretty OT.

Regards,
Sven

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you're using Spring, the connections are pooled and likely never closed.

You'll need to disable pooling.  I think you can do that by using their
DriverManagerDataSource implementation (IIRC).

Cheers,
Clinton

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.