Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rick Hantz (TirNanOg)" <ri...@tirnanog.com> on 2015/03/12 19:23:33 UTC

whitelist_from in user_prefs is not being processed.

My mail is hosted on Lunarpages.com on my own domain.

I train SpamAssassin frequently.

However, I get hundreds of spam messages daily (500-700). This is an old
public account that I need to maintain, otherwise I'd delete it.

After a while, the tokens files get corrupt, so I delete them and start
over. (I start getting a lot of spam missed).

To filter most everything, I set the spam level at -1.

I maintain a whitelist in user_prefs, so I can easily start over.

However, none of the whitelist seems to get processed. Mail that should have
a high negative number doesn't and ends up in the spam folder.

rewrite_header subject {SPAM _SCORE(0)_}

add_header all Checker-Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on
_HOSTNAME_

add_header all Level _STARS(*)_

add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_
autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_

add_header spam Flag _YESNOCAPS_

bayes_file_mode 0600

bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner

bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-Information

bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamCheck

bayes_ignore_header X-MailScanner-SpamScore

bayes_path /home/tirna3/.spamassassin/bayes

required_score -2.0

use_bayes 1

whitelist_from 23andme.com

whitelist_from aaawa.com

whitelist_from *.aarp.com

whitelist_from *.airportparkingreservations.com

whitelist_from alfranken.com

whitelist_from alternet.org

whitelist_from amazon.com

whitelist_from amcustomercare.att-mail.com

whitelist_from autobytel.com

whitelist_from boldprogressives.org

whitelist_from *.care2.com

whitelist_from *.charbroil.com

whitelist_from cnet.online.com

whitelist_from *.consumerlab.com

whitelist_from *.costco.com

whitel

.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: whitelist_from in user_prefs is not being processed.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 12.03.2015 um 19:23 schrieb Rick Hantz (TirNanOg):
> My mail is hosted on Lunarpages.com on my own domain.
>
> I train SpamAssassin frequently.
>
> However, I get hundreds of spam messages daily (500-700). This is an old
> public account that I need to maintain, otherwise I’d delete it.
>
> After a while, the tokens files get corrupt, so I delete them and start
> over. (I start getting a lot of spam missed).
>
> To filter most everything, I set the spam level at -1.
>
> I maintain a whitelist in user_prefs, so I can easily start over.
>
> However, none of the whitelist seems to get processed. Mail that should
> have a high negative number doesn’t and ends up in the spam folder.
>
> Any ideas or workarounds?

without logs - no

RE: whitelist_from in user_prefs is not being processed.

Posted by "Rick Hantz (TirNanOg)" <ri...@tirnanog.com>.
That worked, many thanks..
Missing @ makes a difference ;)
-RIckH

> However, none of the whitelist seems to get processed. Mail that
> should have a high negative number doesn't and ends up in the spam
> folder.
> whitelist_from 23andme.com
> whitelist_from *.aarp.com

try:

whitelist_from *@23andme.com

whitelist_from *@*.aarp.com

etc

Re: whitelist_from in user_prefs is not being processed.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
Rick Hantz \(TirNanOg\) wrote:

> However, none of the whitelist seems to get processed. Mail that
> should have a high negative number doesn't and ends up in the spam
> folder.
> whitelist_from 23andme.com
> whitelist_from *.aarp.com

try:

whitelist_from *@23andme.com

whitelist_from *@*.aarp.com

etc

Re: whitelist_from in user_prefs is not being processed.

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 03/12/2015 07:23 PM, Rick Hantz (TirNanOg) wrote:
> whitelist_from alfranken.com

bad syntax

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

unwhitelist_from user@example.com
         Used to override a default whitelist_from entry, so for example a
         distribution whitelist_from can be overridden in a local.cf
file, or
         an individual user can override a whitelist_from entry in their own
         "user_prefs" file. The specified email address has to match exactly
         (although case-insensitively) the address previously used in a
         whitelist_from line, which implies that a wildcard only matches
         literally the same wildcard (not 'any' address).

         e.g.

           unwhitelist_from joe@example.com fred@example.com
           unwhitelist_from *@example.com

     whitelist_from_rcvd addr@lists.sourceforge.net sourceforge.net
         Works similarly to whitelist_from, except that in addition to
         matching a sender address, a relay's rDNS name or its IP address
         must match too for the whitelisting rule to fire. The first
         parameter is a sender's e-mail address to whitelist, and the second
         is a string to match the relay's rDNS, or its IP address. Matching
         is case-insensitive.

         This second parameter is matched against the TCP-info information
         field as provided in a FROM clause of a trace information (i.e. the
         Received header field, see RFC 5321). Only the Received header
         fields inserted by trusted hosts are considered. This parameter can
         either be a full hostname, or the domain component of that
hostname,
         or an IP address in square brackets. The reverse DNS lookup is done
         by a MTA, not by SpamAssassin.

         In case of an IPv4 address in brackets, it may be truncated on
         classful boundaries to cover whole subnets, e.g. "[10.1.2.3]",
         "[10.1.2]", "[10.1]", "[10]". CIDR notation is currently not
         supported, nor is IPv6. The matching on IP address is mainly
         provided to cover rare cases where whitelisting of a sending MTA is
         desired which does not have a correct reverse DNS configured.

         In other words, if the host that connected to your MX had an IP
         address 192.0.2.123 that mapped to 'sendinghost.example.org', you
         should specify "sendinghost.example.org", or "example.org", or
         "[192.0.2.123]" or "[192.0.2]" here.

         Note that this requires that "internal_networks" be correct. For
         simple cases, it will be, but for a complex network you may get
         better results by setting that parameter.

         It also requires that your mail exchangers be configured to perform
         DNS reverse lookups on the connecting host's IP address, and to
         record the result in the generated Received header field according
         to RFC 5321.

         e.g.

           whitelist_from_rcvd joe@example.com  example.com
           whitelist_from_rcvd *@axkit.org      sergeant.org