Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by 林柏川 <pl...@nckutx.org> on 2015/09/26 14:46:59 UTC

Log4j 2.4 compressed archived log corrupted?

on Log4j version 2.4. I found several types of compressed archive log files
corrupted, including zip, gz, and bzip2 files created by RollingFile
appender.

However, switching back to version 2.3 and the compressed log files are all
fine.

Any one has the same issue?

Thanks!
Po-Chuan

Re: Log4j 2.4 compressed archived log corrupted?

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting this!
It looks like we introduced a bug where the app.log file is renamed to
app.log.gz (just renamed, not compressed), so the compress action cannot
find the file to compress...

I raised the following Jira to track the issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1135