Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Brett <bw...@myrealbox.com> on 2003/04/17 16:02:12 UTC

hssf document embedded into rich text (RTF) as object

Hi,

I would like to use hssf to create a spreadsheet that I can embed into a
rich text (rtf) document as an object.

The Microsoft documentation on RTF states, "When the object is an OLE
embedded or linked object, the data part of the object is the structure
produced by the OLESaveToStream function."  I think Excel has since changed
this to an IPersistStream to conform to the ActiveX standard.

Has anyone output an hssf document in this format?
Does anyone know what is the format and content of an OLESaveToStream?

Thanks
Brett