Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com> on 2000/11/22 10:51:40 UTC

A couple of distribution questions

Greetings All!

Question 1:

I need to be able to distribute Tomcat in an "all-in-one"
bundle.  Supporting virtual machine files included.  As far as I
understand, Tomcat at least requires tools.jar.  Is there another portion
of the Java 2 SDK that is required for Tomcat to run?

In other words, if I distributed the JRE1.2+ and tools.jar, would that
provide an environment that Tomcat could fully work in or do I need to
distribute the entire SDK?

Either way, how do I go about getting permission to redistribute the
necessary files?  Who can I contact?

Question 2:
As far as I understand the Apache license agreement, if I want to say that
my bundle includes the Tomcat servlet engine, I have to get permission from
ASF to use the Tomcat name.  I wrote the suggested email of
apache@apache.org about this, but I never got a reply.  Could some kind
soul please point my in the right direction to get this taken care of too?

Thank you very much for your time.
							-Mike