Posted to users@camel.apache.org by prashanth141443 <pp...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 12:13:14 UTC

Need Suggestion regarding the Camel

Hi all,
I am a newbie to camel after referring books i got a bit of knowledge of
camel.

I am in need of requirement where i will getting the requests through tcp
which i ll manipulating.

Now my question is that which is advantageous to use either Socket or Rmi.

As per my analysis socket programming is the best option for me. Need some
suggestions on this pls.

Thanks

SV: Need Suggestion regarding the Camel

Posted by Petter Nordlander <Pe...@enfo.se>.
Hi,
RMI and Sockets are very different level and for different purposes. If you want to expose and invoke java services over a network, RMI could be an option. Sockets are more low level. Although the Apache Mina implementation in Camel is actually really good at dealing with TCP streams (http://camel.apache.org/mina.html).

There are a lot of protocols and communication methods implemented in Camel:
http://camel.apache.org/components.html

Each of them have pros and cons, so it's very much up to what type of problem you are trying to solve.
Can you specify a bit more how your scenario looks like?

Best Regards
Petter Nordlander