Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> on 2014/05/11 22:35:24 UTC

VMware SystemVM Kernel Panics

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a vmware Lab inside vmware Fusion.

I have Cloudstack 4.3 running on my host machine.
I have a VM for MySQL and NFS.
I have a VM with Windows 2k8 for vCenter.
I have a VM for ESXi.

On booting up the SystemVM OVA it kernel panics with:

"Kernel Panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes" -
http://imgur.com/7w77Cu5

Any idea why this is happening? I've a feeling its something to do with
nested virtualization of x64, is there any x86 systemvms available for
vmware?

Thanks,
Ian

Re: VMware SystemVM Kernel Panics

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
I had success using the x86 systemvms built on jenkins (
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.3/job/cloudstack-4.3-systemvm/ )

Thanks guys!