Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by andrewh <an...@plaintalkit.com> on 2008/06/05 13:40:47 UTC

Re: activemq-admin stop - port already in use

Hi Hiram,

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Looks like the SUNJMX env variable is set to
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099
> make sure it's not for the activemq-admin script.

Putting SUNJMX into the argument list in activemq-admin seemed to be the
only way to get the JVM mbeanserver to work, can you recommend a better way?

Without SUNJMX, I can get access to ActiveMQ's mbeanserver, but then when I
have SUNJMX defined in /etc/activemq.conf, I get the problem described in my
original post. activemq-admin passes this argument through whether it's a
start or stop command, so on a stop it complains about the port defined in
SUNJMX being already in use.

A little pointer would be much appreciated!

andrew