Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Satish Abburi <Sa...@sstech.us> on 2016/09/26 23:53:52 UTC

Metron with HDP 2.5

All,  any one using/tested this combination.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Dima Kovalyov <Di...@sstech.us>.
I have installed Metron on single-node HDP 2.5 using this article:
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/60805/deploying-a-fresh-metron-cluster-using-ambari-serv.html

So far it works just fine except ElasticSearch, I am unable to make it
work properly on single-node, by default ElasticSearch configured for at
least 3 nodes. I have adjusted elasticsearch.yml to mimic single-node
vagrant installation, but still in my cluster health
(:9200/_cluster/health?pretty):
{
  "cluster_name" : "metron",
  "status" : "yellow",
  "timed_out" : false,
  "number_of_nodes" : 1,
  "number_of_data_nodes" : 1,
  "active_primary_shards" : 1,
  "active_shards" : 1,
  "relocating_shards" : 0,
  "initializing_shards" : 0,
  "unassigned_shards" : 1,
  "delayed_unassigned_shards" : 0,
  "number_of_pending_tasks" : 0,
  "number_of_in_flight_fetch" : 0,
  "task_max_waiting_in_queue_millis" : 0,
  "active_shards_percent_as_number" : 50.0
}

And here is the shards cat :9200/_cat/shards?v:
index   shard prirep state      docs store ip           node
.kibana 0     p      STARTED       1 3.1kb 10.10.110.65 Red Guardian
.kibana 0     r      UNASSIGNED

Does anyone know why .kibana is trying to allocate two shards and how I
can make both of them allocated on single-node?
Please advise.

Thank you.

- Dima

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
The Kafka Broker crashes are probably because you are running out of memory
on the single virtual node that you are running.

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Dima Kovalyov <Di...@sstech.us>.
Thank you Nick,

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

--
Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
Hi Dima, if you can just paste into this thread that would be great

-------------------�

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.

-------------------�

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Dima Kovalyov <Di...@sstech.us>.
Thank you for reply James,

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Satish Abburi <Sa...@sstech.us>.
Thanks, will do

Dima, please share your results so far. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Metron with HDP 2.5

Posted by Dima Kovalyov <Di...@sstech.us>.
Thank you for reply James,