Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vikram Goyal <Vi...@eyecon.com.au> on 2002/12/24 03:16:31 UTC

Different jar file size after copy

Hi all,

I am getting a very weird error after ant does a copy of jars in my lib folder and deploys them on the server with my deploy target.

The size of the jar differs on the server after the copy. The other files remain the same. This would not be a problem as such but the trouble is that my server does not seem to recognize these files. It is not able to read any of the classes in these jars after a copy. Only when I replace them manually, does the server (Weblogic 7.1) seem to understand the jars.

I did check the archive for anything similar but could not get any conclusive answers.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Regards
Vikram

Re: Different jar file size after copy

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@speakeasy.net>.
You don't mention what the source and target platforms are.  One wild guess
in the absense of such information is that perhaps the file is getting
copied as text and not as binary, and in the process is undergoing line
terminator translation.  That would definitely render it pretty useless.

Posted by Vikram Goyal <Vi...@eyecon.com.au>.
Ooops, Sorry guys for failing to give more details and for the late reply.
The holidays took over.

The OS is Windows XP Professional, both for machine running the build on and
the server. The relevant deploy target is:

  <target name="deploy" depends="compileserver, langgenerator"
   description="Deployes the server application on the server.">

   <!-- Create the deployment home directory -->
   <mkdir dir="${deploy.home}"/>

 <!-- Copy the contents of the server build defaultroot directory -->
 <copy todir="${deploy.home}">
  <fileset dir="${build.dir}/server/defaultroot"/>
 </copy>

  </target>

Hope this helps in getting rid of this problem as Santa did not take it
away. :)

Rgs
Vikram

> You need to give us a little more information, like the XML for the deploy
> target.  My first guess is that the file transfer is not happening as
> binary for the jar file, and DOS line endings are getting converted to
UNIX

Posted by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org>.