Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by MITCHELL Paul <pa...@ed.ac.uk> on 2021/05/13 09:57:56 UTC

UMLS question

Hi,

I've created my own custom dictionary for the UMLS source and applied it to DefaultJCasTermAnnotator.  However, I notice that this makes a request to UMLS server.

We are planning on using the software in an environment which will have no external access is it possible to run a cTAKES pipeline in this sort of environment?

Thanks,
Paul.
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh Dh?n ?ideann, cl?raichte an Alba, ?ireamh cl?raidh SC005336.

RE: UMLS question

Posted by MITCHELL Paul <pa...@ed.ac.uk>.
Thanks, will check out your video.

Regards,
Paul.

Posted by gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

RE: UMLS question

Posted by MITCHELL Paul <pa...@ed.ac.uk>.
HI Gundolf,

Thanks that is useful to know.  I can see that we might want to make this available to others in the future, however, at present it will only be used by myself and one other.  Will check the UMLS license.

I’ve been able to get it processing with my custom dictionary and the Jdbc connector.  Just need to review the data and see if it make sense!

Thanks,
Paul.

From: MITCHELL Paul <pa...@ed.ac.uk>>
Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 06:12
To: "user@ctakes.apache.org<ma...@ctakes.apache.org>" <us...@ctakes.apache.org>>

Thanks Gandhi, Do you know if that is using the standard UMLS scripts? And do you know of any article on how to setup cTAKES to read from the database? Thanks, Paul. From: gandhi rajan <ga...@gmail.com>> ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Re: UMLS question

RE: UMLS question