Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Alexander Smirnoff <as...@vistar.ca> on 2003/02/27 19:47:29 UTC

Newbie: RTF serialization

Hi,

We started to use Forrest in our company as a documentation site. Really nice framework! Thanks guys.

One of our management requirements is to be able to serialize document format into RTF, so they could be able to "edit" it with MS
Word.

Is it possible to do that and to have both PDF and RTF documents generated?

Thanks,
Alex Smirnoff

Re: Newbie: RTF serialization

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Alexander Smirnoff" <as...@vistar.ca>
> Hi,
>
> We started to use Forrest in our company as a documentation site. Really
nice framework! Thanks guys.

> One of our management requirements is to be able to serialize document
format into RTF, so they could be able to "edit" it with MS
> Word.
>
> Is it possible to do that and to have both PDF and RTF documents
generated?

There should be no problems with it as Cocoon has an RTF serializer (based
on jfor library). It should be just a matter of adding a couple of
declarations/matchers to the main sitemap (the same way as it is for PDF).
And you should also change the skin to add a link to the RTF version.

--
  Konstantin

Posted by Mark Vovsi <ma...@vovsi.com>.
"Printable html" and save as? Can you elaborate on this please. Thanks.
Mark.

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Alexander Smirnoff wrote:

>>>Is it possible to do that and to have both PDF and RTF documents generated?
>>>

>>"Printable html"  and save as works.

Latest version of forrest had a "Printable" link, or at least Nicloa was
working on one

It is a striped down html version.  The user can save the page and then
edit it in Word.  Not the best, but it is a start.

Posted by Alexander Smirnoff <as...@vistar.ca>.

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.