Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/11/21 00:45:51 UTC

Re[2]: struts tags with URL#anchor + query strings -> no-go

> The servlet 2.2 spec requires that the session id be passed as a *path*
> parameter (separated from the base URI by a semicolon), not a *query*
> parameter.  Was it WebLogic or one of the other servers that was also not doing
> this right.

Yes I know. I had some weeks ago a lengthy discussion with BEA
about how they've implemented url-rewriting. At that time, they
even couldn't tell me if it will go into 6.0 - but this may
have changed in the meantime.

> At any rate, Struts will rely on the servlet container's response.encodeURL()
> method to do the URL rewriting, so there's nothing Struts can do about a
> container that gets this wrong.

My mail was intended for people that may run into the same problem sometimes
in the future, not a call for action ;) Beside that, it's not that difficult
to write a function that moves an #anchor to where it belongs.

--
Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)

BTW.: Whats the correct result of encodeURL("#") (with url-rewriting
turned on) ?