Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2001/07/24 15:47:15 UTC

[David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com] Re: FWD: symbol duplication on AIX

This is a result of xlC's rather shoddy template implementation.  You might
be able to clean it up, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.

Dave

                    jason@openinfor
                    matics.com             To:     xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                    (Jason E.              cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    Stewart)               Subject:     FWD: symbol duplication on AIX

                    07/23/2001
                    08:48 AM
                    Please respond
                    to xerces-c-dev

----- Message from "Derek Fountain" <fo...@hursley.ibm.com> on Mon, 23
Jul 2001 13:28:42 +0100 -----

      To: xerces-p-dev@xml.apache.org

 Subject: Re: Xerces Perl on AIX

I have a small number of link time warnings about symbol duplications with
AIX. The warning messages are:

===
ld: 0711-228 WARNING: Duplicate symbols were found while resolving symbols.
        The following duplicates were found:
 Symbol                    Source-File(Object) OR
Import-File{Shared-object}
 -------------------------

__vft20NameIdPoolEnumeratorXT14DTDElementDecl_13XMLEnumeratorXT14DTDElementDe

cl_ Xerces.C(Xerces.o)
    ** Duplicate **
{/afs/ssd/projects/tools/perl/xerces-c-src1_5_0/lib/libxerces-c1_5.a}

__vft20NameIdPoolEnumeratorXT15XMLNotationDecl_13XMLEnumeratorXT15XMLNotation

Decl_ Xerces.C(Xerces.o)
    ** Duplicate **
{/afs/ssd/projects/tools/perl/xerces-c-src1_5_0/lib/libxerces-c1_5.a}

__vft29RefHash2KeysTableOfEnumeratorXT12SchemaAttDef_13XMLEnumeratorXT12Schem

aAttDef_ Xerces.C(Xerces.o)
    ** Duplicate **
{/afs/ssd/projects/tools/perl/xerces-c-src1_5_0/lib/libxerces-c1_5.a}

__vft28RefHash3KeysIdPoolEnumeratorXT17SchemaElementDecl_13XMLEnumeratorXT17S

chemaElementDecl_ Xerces.C(Xerces.o)
    ** Duplicate **
{/afs/ssd/projects/tools/perl/xerces-c-src1_5_0/lib/libxerces-c1_5.a}

__vft20NameIdPoolEnumeratorXT13DTDEntityDecl_13XMLEnumeratorXT13DTDEntityDecl

_ Xerces.C(Xerces.o)
    ** Duplicate **
{/afs/ssd/projects/tools/perl/xerces-c-src1_5_0/lib/libxerces-c1_5.a}
===

In the Xerces-Perl source I find, for example,

===
> find . -name "*.C" | xargs grep NameIdPoolEnumerator
./tempinc/NameIdPool.hpp.C:#pragma
define(NameIdPoolEnumerator<DTDEntityDecl>)
./tempinc/NameIdPool.hpp.C:#pragma
define(NameIdPoolEnumerator<XMLNotationDecl>)
./tempinc/NameIdPool.hpp.C:#pragma
define(NameIdPoolEnumerator<DTDElementDecl>)
===

I have absolutely no idea what's going on here, although the warnings don't

seem to stop anything functioning. Any clues on cleaning this up?