Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/22 14:59:47 UTC

Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Hi Folks,

Almost four months ago, I created a repository on GitHub called
TranspiledActionScript [1]. It is a place where I'm going to place several
resources related to Apache Royale. The Examples folder should be the most
interesting for you, if you want to port your applications from Flex. The
idea is to present more sophisticated structures of code, maybe use some
popular JavaScript or ActionScript libraries and check how they cooperate
with Royale.

My goal is to try the new features in real-life, expose any possible bugs
and fix them, if it is possible.

*Workflow:*
Everything that I am going to do will happen on the branches. Once a batch
of Examples, Utils or Snippets is ready, I will merge them into a master.
For our purposes, we can call it a "release", but in fact it will rather be
a confirmation that there is a batch of code which has a stable version.
Each example will be available online to give you the possibility to play
with it.
You will find more information on what I am planning to do and what will
happen in the repository in the "Issues"[2] tab on GitHub.

Examples will be fully compatible with Moonshine IDE, VSCode and Maven and
it will be possible to compile all of them to JavaScript!

*What is currently in the repository?*
I finished three examples - The TranspiledActionScript website [3] and the
port of Flex PureMVC Employee Admin [4] to Royale using two different
modules of our framework, i.e. the Basic module [5] and MDL [6].

The TranspiledActionScript website is a small proof that we can create not
only browser applications, but also responsive websites.
The PureMVC Employee Admin, on the other hand, proves that it can be used
in Royale PureMVC framework, which is huge. These two small applications
are a good example of how the port of your Flex application to Royale can
look like.

*Patreon:*
You can support this project on Patreon [7]. Your contribution would
definitely allow me to spare some time, which I can spend on creating new
content for the repository.

I encourage you to dig into the code and maybe find something useful, which
will save your time when porting your Flex applications to Royale.

Please say hello to *TranspiledActionScript*! :)

[1] https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21/TranspiledActionScript
[2] https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21/TranspiledActionScript/issues
[3] http://transpiledactionscript.com/
[4] https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-demo-flex-employeeadmin
[5] https://transpiledactionscript.com/examples/PureMVCEmployeeAdminBasic/
[6] https://transpiledactionscript.com/examples/PureMVCEmployeeAdminMDL/
[7] https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
There will be more! :) Thanks Serkan! :)

Posted by Serkan Taş <se...@likyateknoloji.com>.
Thank you so much Piotr,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Cool! That is something on my list. Testing how Routing will play on the
website :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
In my MacBook Pro Retina all looks ok. The only think I notice is the need
of browser navigation (needs implement routing like Alex did in ASDoc). In
iPhone, it show a message that mobile version is on the works.
So all ok! :)

> Btw. I didn't have a chance to test the website on a Retina display, so
> if you have such a display, please let me know how the website looks. :)
>
> Thanks, Piotr

>> Hi Carlos,
>>
>> Thank you! There will be much more! I will definitely taste also your
>> work in the battlefield as part of that idea! :) Be ready :)
>>
>> Piotr

>>> Hi Piotr,
>>>
>>> that looks awesome! Congrats for the great job! Can wait to explore all
>>> you have done!
>>>
>>> I think this should be promoted vía social networks to spread the word
>>> (twitter, facebook,...)
>>>
>>> again great job! :))

>>> --
>>> Carlos Rovira
>>> http://about.me/carlosrovira
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

> [...]

> modules of our framework, i.e. the Basic module [5] and MDL [6].
>
> The TranspiledActionScript website is a small proof that we can create not
> only browser applications, but also responsive websites.
> The PureMVC Employee Admin, on the other hand, proves that it can be used
> in Royale PureMVC framework, which is huge. These two small applications
> are a good example of how the port of your Flex application to Royale can
> look like.
>
> *Patreon:*
> You can support this project on Patreon [7]. Your contribution would
> definitely allow me to spare some time, which I can spend on creating new
> content for the repository.
>
> I encourage you to dig into the code and maybe find something useful,
> which will save your time when porting your Flex applications to Royale.
>
> Please say hello to *TranspiledActionScript*! :)

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Wow! Thanks!

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Already done! :)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
I forgot to mention and say BIG THANK YOU, because Olaf encourage me to do
this.

Olaf! :)

Piotr

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Frederic,

Thank you so much. There will be much more! :)

Piotr

Posted by Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>> [7] https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patreon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=d8hWrp1Tmm5%2FR%2F9%2FYH0yHoxP%2BEeMtqorqKFPpHCeZQM%3D&reserved=0>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patreon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=d8hWrp1Tmm5%2FR%2F9%2FYH0yHoxP%2BEeMtqorqKFPpHCeZQM%3D&reserved=0>*

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yes, great job.

From: Gabe Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

[...]

[1] https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21/TranspiledActionScript<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki21%2FTranspiledActionScript&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=%2FUDyQqeS%2F7L1FiIQG7GQGhjlnCozz4Y%2B3KKv6RVgi80%3D&reserved=0>
[2] https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21/TranspiledActionScript/issues<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki21%2FTranspiledActionScript%2Fissues&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=1%2BBSPoDQTIb86izZnXzmxP31Maizmj%2B1bAHHRXds46Q%3D&reserved=0>
[3] http://transpiledactionscript.com/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftranspiledactionscript.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=BNCXtIN%2FL%2F%2FmIVqTWyeomd%2Fh1%2FohMwxCnsCxTbgLIEY%3D&reserved=0>
[4] https://github.com/PureMVC/puremvc-as3-demo-flex-employeeadmin<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FPureMVC%2Fpuremvc-as3-demo-flex-employeeadmin&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=3HnAnJHVdxheS5xVGBEi2tHTVW58H6GIWpErQkoY58g%3D&reserved=0>
[5] https://transpiledactionscript.com/examples/PureMVCEmployeeAdminBasic/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftranspiledactionscript.com%2Fexamples%2FPureMVCEmployeeAdminBasic%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=gwxjpjXzG4gXZPnHiUKuBlXPQnE2kliXxgfDIDyrao8%3D&reserved=0>
[6] https://transpiledactionscript.com/examples/PureMVCEmployeeAdminMDL/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftranspiledactionscript.com%2Fexamples%2FPureMVCEmployeeAdminMDL%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=U2PM3IEJ38hL7n9oH2DZI0L6a%2F4x8i1YSWI%2FLMmKQlo%3D&reserved=0>
[7] https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patreon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=d8hWrp1Tmm5%2FR%2F9%2FYH0yHoxP%2BEeMtqorqKFPpHCeZQM%3D&reserved=0>

Piotr Zarzycki

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patreon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C57827fae9dea41329ffa08d57a1d95a6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636549189863812380&sdata=d8hWrp1Tmm5%2FR%2F9%2FYH0yHoxP%2BEeMtqorqKFPpHCeZQM%3D&reserved=0>

Re: Say Hello to TranspiledActionScript Idea!

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

Thank you for the support! I'm not a web developer, so translating UX
design prepared by Pawel [1], was really challenge to me. I learned a lot
about responsive designs.

[1] http://nejman.pl/

Thanks,
Piotr