Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Avadhut Bhangui <av...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 07:01:33 UTC

Issue in starting Apache CouchDB on Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition (x64)

Hello All,

Recently i tried installing Apache CouchDB on Windows Server 2012 Standard
Edition (x64) system. Our observations:

1. Apache CouchDB service was not starting when started from Windows
Service Control Manager.
    When we see the CouchDB logs, we see below logs, getting logged
continuously.
[Fri, 10 Apr 2015 19:11:34 GMT] [error] [<0.166.0>] Unable to load crypto
library. Failed with error:
"load_failed, Failed to load NIF library
c:/CouchDB/lib/crypto-2.1/priv/lib/crypto: 'Unspecified error'"
OpenSSL might not be installed on this system.

2. When we start Apache CouchDB using couchdb.bat file present in
<InstallDir>/bin, it starts properly as a console application.

3. I understand that service is not able to start, probably because its
failing to resolve the dependencies. Hence gave the <InstallDir>/bin in the
PATH enviroment variable and even after this it failed to start.

4. Finally to resolve i had to copy all the *.dll files under
"<InstallDir>/bin" to "<InstallDir>/erts-5.9/bin" and then restarted and it
worked fine.

Any idea, if this is a know issue and is there any way to overcome this in
a better way.
I'm using currently using Apache CouchDb v1.0.2.

Avadhut.

Re: Issue in starting Apache CouchDB on Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition (x64)

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Are you able to try a more recent version than 1.0.2? The most recent
version is 1.6.1, and that is known to run on Windows 2012, while I am not
sure that 1.0.2 has been tried on that particular incarnation. 1.6.1 is
also a big improvement in many ways on 1.0.2.

Nick