Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lane Friesen <la...@hotmail.com> on 2015/02/04 09:58:30 UTC

Downloading SDK Problem Solved

It appears this error is computer-dependent. I used another computer to
download the 4.14.0 SDK using the Installer on the Apache Flex site - no
problems. Then I manually moved the downloaded 4.14.0 folder on the other
computer to a memory key and to the appropriate location in the sdks folder
within Flashbuilder on my own computer and hooked things up as normal.
Problem solved.

Thanks Alex for your helpful comments on Ant.

Lane.

Posted by Lane Friesen <la...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Aha, that's it. Hate to admit it, but I'm still using Windows XP for
production. Everyone else in our home is on Windows 7 and I maintain their
machines, but mine still works great (never any problems before this one)
and I've got a lot of integrated software on it.

Point is, I also always use Firefox and never IE. When I went to IE (version
8) as you requested, it wanted me to load the latest Flash Player for IE. It
installed OK but after a successful install no longer brought up the SDK
Installer successfully. That's the problem. Something about the combination
of Windows XP, IE 8 and the various versions of Flash doesn't mesh properly
with the SDK Installer.

Of course, when I went to another machine, it was Windows 7, because no one
else in our home is still on XP. Then it worked properly, even though I
again used Firefox. I presume the IE libraries were OK on the newer machine.

Perceptive on your part,

Lane.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Lane,