Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net> on 2015/10/27 17:37:21 UTC

Re: Java 7 and 8 features

Hi Vinicius,

it is mostly to allow people which are bound (for any reason) to older
JDK versions to use our software. There is a plenty number of projects
which are not able to use newer JDK versions. I know that this is a
controversial topic I think that the majority of us would like to use
all these features. But we must not forget the people using our software
in their daily work.

BYe,

Oliver

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: Java 7 and 8 features

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Switched our internal projects to Java 8
Apache OFBiz is permitting Java 8 source code in the main truck.

No thought  in either case to rewrite existing code unless their is a
bug or enhancement to be done.

Ron

Ron Wheeler
President