Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/30 16:30:23 UTC

Gradle use cases / your opinion needed! Give Feedback by 5th of January!

Dear all,

I'm thinking about to change the Gradle project configuration. Most of
the configuration is directed by the Gradle project, however compiling,
formatting and license options could be set up from the IDE directly.

If I'd make those configurations available on the root projects only
what use case would I hurt?

The benefits of that change would be obvious. Multi project builds would
have only one place to set up formatting, Java version, etc.

This has been brought up by working on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2781

I thought I'd ask the community as well. Give your feedback till 5th of
January.

Thank you!

Laszlo Kishalmi

Re: Gradle use cases / your opinion needed! Give Feedback by 5th of January!

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well only two thing can be altered:

     - Java Platform to be used to invoke the build.

     - Augmented build (when NetBeans defines alters your build script
during runtime, by adding special plugins)

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.