Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by none none <ko...@lycos.com> on 2003/11/04 08:15:43 UTC

Multiple fields in XML

hi all,
i need some help/ideas,
what i would like to do is index xml files and dinamically search against each field, to be more clear,
i have 2 documents to index:
<doc>
 <id>1</id>
 <author>Myself</author>
 <page>
  <id>1</id>
 </page>
 <page>
  <id>2</id>
 </page>
</doc>
and:

<doc>
 <id>2</id>
 <author>Somebody</author>
 <private>Y</private>
 <path>C:/docs/test.txt</path>
 <page>
  <id>4</id>
 </page>
 <page>
  <id>5</id>
 </page>
</doc>

now, what i need to do is:
1)show a list of those fields the user can search, eg: id,page,author,private,path.
2)if user search for: 'wherever five', i want return as results the doc with id=2.
3) once i get a document (by id) eg: doc id=2 i want to be able to get a list of all the page id that contains the word 'wherever and five' in the body (eg: page 5 for doc_id=2.
3)user should be able to search for >>> page:wherever and private:Y <<< and get doc=2.
Is there a way to implement something like that? anybody did before? any help is appreciated.
thank you.

---
KorfuT

Re: Multiple fields in XML

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Do you maintain the XML hierarchy with subelements and sub-subelements,
etc?

What about XPath querying?  That would be sweet!

	Erik

Re: Multiple fields in XML

Posted by Che Dong <ch...@hotmail.com>.