Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Zuo Yiming <yi...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 17:50:55 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/ScalaObject when loading AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor in CVD

Hi everyone,

I recently switched from ctakes user to developer. I followed the developer
install guide and successfully compiled a release from command line.
However, when I triggered CVD and tried to load
the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor analysis engine, the following
error came out:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/ScalaObject

It looks like this error is related to AssertionAnalysisEngine, has someone
encountered this error before and would like to help me out?

Some other information I think might be useful:
1. Since the analysis engine requires umls, maybe I didn't install the
resources properly. I do have a valid umls account and the resources
version I'm using is 3.2.0.
2. To provide umls account, I used the following command
export MAVEN_OPTS = "-Dctakes.umlsuser = xxx -Dctakes.umlspw = xxx -Xmx2g
-Xms1g"

Best,
Yiming