Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca> on 2001/09/29 22:32:19 UTC

FOP-0.20.2 Release Candidates posted

Hi, all

I built and uploaded the tarballs for the binary and source distributions,
for FOP-0.20.2. They are labelled as release candidates. Please test and let
me know what needs to be fixed. Thanks.

I am shooting for a final build on Tuesday.

The CHANGES file is not yet updated - I will be working on that.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

--
Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)

Re: FOP-0.20.2 Release Candidates posted

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
I haven't downloaded the release candidate (slow network at home), but
I've noticed a small problem in my latest CVS which I assume is the
same.
When using runtest.sh in docs/examples with the new targets which use a
"<fileset>" instead of listing all of the individual ".fo" files, I'm
getting this error on extensive.fo which uses SVG, even though it's
embedded.

	Could not set base URL for svg
	java.net.MalformedURLException: null: java.lang.NullPointerException

Also, the fo test files using external images are failing with a null
protocol. The problem is in the ant Fop task which isn't setting the
basedir correctly in the case of the fileset.

I have a patch for that, but I'm still getting errors with the relative
URLs for the external images, which are being mis-interpreted by my JDK.
I can't figure out if this is a JDK bug (Sun 1.2.2 on x86 Linux), or
whether the code in the FopImageFactory is at fault. The URL
"file:../../graphics/blah.gif is made into the absolute URL:
"file:/graphics/blah.gif" ! Sound familiar? I know lots of people have
been complaining about similar problems; maybe this is related?

Regards,
Karen