Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by adam kramer <ad...@monkey.org> on 2002/08/01 01:40:18 UTC

mod_jk working without auto mod_jk.conf

I have been having some issues getting mod_jk working with Apache+Tomcat.
I got it to work recently because I STOPPED including the autogenerated
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf in the Apache httpd.conf file
(e.g. with the Include directive). When I would try to go to the /examples
URI I would get a file not found error.

Tomcat was generating a file that looked something like this:

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel
info

<VirtualHost somehost777.com>
    ServerName somehost777.com

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

----
The VirtualHost directive is unnecessary since that is the actual
ServerName of the web server.

So I just included inline in httpd.conf:

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile
"/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-LE-jdk14/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

JkMount /manager ajp13
JkMount /manager/* ajp13

JkMount /examples ajp13
JkMount /examples/* ajp13

JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

JkMount /webdav ajp13
JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

---

I'm sending this to hopefully help others avoid having to track down this
problem. Perhaps my settings in server.xml or workers.properties caused
this problem in autogenerating the file, or my other httpd.conf settings
clash with it... but it works.

-Adam K.