Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ful crap <fu...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 20:56:42 UTC

Re: Unable to create a deployment for VM

Hi there :-)

I want to bring up the shapeBlue tutorial (
https://www.shapeblue.com/virtualbox-test-env/ ) a last time
Even if this tutorial is a bit old, I get it working flawlessly on my
laptop with Apache Cloudstack 4.11.1.0
That's pretty neat to have a sandbox environment for novice like me, to
take a good start on a sophisticated environment like Cloudstack
I chose XenServer because my company has a great focus on this hypervisor
to get things virtualized.
And the only cheap trick regarding this tutorial was to stick to an old
XenServer version (6.5) to get Paravirtualization (PV) working for SystemVMs
That's really cool to have an advanced zone up and running on a cheap but
powerful enough CPU like my i7-8750H (hexacore) with 8GB of RAM

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Some tricks aside, the shapeblue tutorial is still very relevant and
up-to-date, that's amazing ! and I feel it is because the CS architecture
from its ground is firm and rock-solid
I actually don't know the shortcomings (beside security vulnerability) to
run an old version of Xen but truth be told, it rocks!

Happy cloud'in ! I am very glad to join an community like yours ;-)

Feel free to ask me if you want some help for a virtualbox (5.2.18)
Cloudstack-in-a-Box install

Yours