Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 20:01:40 UTC

Congratulations to Donald!

Donald Woods was recently promoted to Committer status on the Apache
OpenJPA project.  Congratulations go out to Donald on this fine
accomplishment!

If any other OpenJPA dev contributors are interesting in achieving this
goal, please feel free to contact any member of the OpenJPA PMC.  We would
love to have more participation.  General information on what it take to
become a committer can be found here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html and
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bauer
OpenJPA PMC member

Re: Congratulations to Donald!

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

It is great that you are interested in becoming an OpenJPA committer.
Quality patches and activity within the community are important activities
for committership.  Your JIRA work and activity on the mailing lists are
steps in the right direction.  The OpenJPA PMC looks for long term
contributors to the project when deciding to invite someone to become a
commiter.  To borrow a phrase from Kevin, we are looking for marathoners,
not sprinters.   Continued contributions and remaining active in the
community show a long term interest and are essential for committership.
The PMC continuously keeps an eye out for new committers and will certaintly
keep you in mind. Keep up the great work, remain active, and keep checking
your inbox.  :-)

-Jeremy