Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/02/06 02:19:30 UTC

Content for next milestone

Now that we have a list of requirements on our Wiki at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Feature+areas+and+what+folks+are+working+on,
and a number of people are signing up for some of the corresponding
work, I'd like to start a discussion on the content of our next
milestone. Given that our last milestone was in December, I'd like to
have another milestone soon, by March.

Here's the function that people have already signed up for on the Wiki
page + what I'm interested in for this milestone:
- Support for complex properties and multi valued properties
- Support for SCA deployment-contributions, and in particular support
for JAR based deployment contributions
- Ability to reference and resolve composites in an SCA domain (would be
nice to support recursive composition but I'm not particularly
interested in it)
- Ability to configure and override the configuration of References,
Services and Properties (again here I'd be happy if this works with just
one or two levels of composition)
- Support for wiring inside an SCA domain references to services with
bindings and have the wiring decide the endpoints to use
- Support for business exceptions in end to end interactions
- Support for promoting services and references out of a composite
(without having to wire a reference to a reference or a service to a
service)
- Support for defining and configuring services and references directly
on components
- Interchangeability / mapping between Java and WSDL interfaces
- Ability to use, alter and write an SCDL model at deployment
- WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL support using the SDO databinding
- Core support for non-blocking invocations playing nicely with
bindings, and without having to send complete routing paths to the
services/references
- Databinding framework with support for conversions between JAXB and SDO
- Working and modular build allowing to build subsets of the project
- Services to add(/remove/query) compositions to an SCA domain
- Services to add(/remove/query) SCA deployment contributions to an SCA
domain
- Core support for addressing, resolving, loading artifacts from SCA
deployment contributions

Thoughts?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by scabooz <sc...@gmail.com>.
I think Raymond makes some good points.  It's very difficult to consume,
extend and test the runtime with all of the volatility.  A bunch of itests
have
been contributed, but they don't work.  These tests are a concrete way
to measure stability, and I'm sure there will be more contributed over time.

I think there's a difference between stability for the sake of producing a
milestone and stability for the sake of consumers and extenders to utilize
and be productive with the runtime, which is a lower bar.  The branch will
help in this regard.

Dave

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
On 08/02/07, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I think it's really helpful to have a public list which is
> collaboratively maintained by the community to capture the To-Dos in one
> place instead of having them being buried in thousands of notes on the ML.
> would appreciate the compilation effort.

+1  I did a similar thing for SDO,  and would have been delighted if it had
captured so much attention.  the purpose was to collate and to generate
discussion and to provide a single point of reference for any existing or
future member of the community that might want to contribute to the project.

AFAIK, some of the items are known
> issues which have been either reported by JIRA issues or discussed on the
> ML. The others reflect the latest changes from the SCA spec. I don't treat
> it as a private list as it has been posted publicly and made open to the
> community (via wiki) and quite a few of us have started to sign up for the
> tasks by updating the list. To me, the list is a collection of items that
> either have been discussed and or being discussed in the community.

similarly my list was composed of my assessment of high priority jiras,
spec updates and anything that has been discussed on the list. It was
intended as a straw man for discussion that could be extended and altered by
the normal community processes.

---
Kelvin.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

First of all, I think it's really helpful to have a public list which is
collaboratively maintained by the community to capture the To-Dos in one
place instead of having them being buried in thousands of notes on the ML. I
[...]

databindings in the pre-spec-changes branch. And most of the time, I have to
jump between the two streams to build modules and refresh my Eclipse
workspace (the dependencies are now referenced using jars instead of
projects) to see through the effects.

2) When I feel ready to start to evolve an extension on top of the latest
kernel in the trunk, I have to branch the code again as other things in the
pre-spec-changes might depend on it. Please see the ML thread at
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg13572.html. I wish
we have copied all the code into the pre-spec-changes branch, then we won't
have the pains in 1) and 2).

3) The kernel is NOT stable and we cannot even run basic things beyond the
unit tests. It's very hard to verify the fixes are good for a JIRA. And it's
very painful to refresh the kernel with breaking changes and it takes us
time to understand the new code. I would think it will be more efficient to

Where development happens ...

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Patches for new functionality such as this should be submitted
against trunk.
--
Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Heres my opinion from the perspective of some items that I have
> owned up to
> do quite a while back - support for complex properties and multivalued
> properties.  I'd see them as some fundamental things that a user might
> expect to see out of our next milestone and am happy that they are
> a part of
> this list that Sebastien has proposed.

I think this is good - there's a lot of value in this feature. But as
far as it being on "Sebastien's list", to be blunt from a community
perspective that's irrelevant. It's on /your/ list of things that are
important and that's what matters.

> Now to complete this, I am in dire need for a stable runtime and
> client
> API.  I need this for two reasons i) to figure out the workings of the
> kernel through debugging so that I may implement these features
> according to
> the framework's design (with loaders, builders, etc.) and ii) to
> test if the
> whole thing sews up together and works as expected.  I am just not
> able to
> figure out how to do this from the current trunk andI have already
> started
> to plead for help in this regard from the community
>
> I have no complaints about the work that is going on presently in
> the kernel
> - infact I am excited about the vision with which its being
> driven.  But
> then, I'd be happy if I could do my parts as well alongside.

It's important that we can work together on this and the modules in
the codebase are intended to allow this. The feature you are talking
about seems, to me, to be a kernel feature and as such should be
integrated in and tested with the kernel. The kernel can be build,
tested and debugged without any runtime at all and in terms of kernel
development that is an important aspect to maintain. This feature
should work in every runtime that picks up the kernel and hence
testing should not depend on any runtime.

I hadn't picked up from previous mails that you were looking for help
testing and debugging the kernel - to me they seemed to be about
running application code. Please can you repost them in kernel terms
and let's figure them out.

> Here are my thoughts for the path forward...
> - I'd like us to plan for the next milestone release ideally by end
> of March
> to feed the curiosity of our users.  Having a long gap will kill their
> interest in our technology.

I agree, I think frequent releases are important. That seems to be
inline with what Jim and Ant were proposing (smaller and sooner).

> - I'd deem the current kernel work as well as the items listed by
> Sebastien
> as equally important, but we probably need to figure out how we can
> do both
> parallely.  Can we not do an incremental development of both?  For
> example
> we could baseline a stable and functioning version of the kernel
> and runtime
> and then choose those items from Sebastien's list that can be
> implemented
> over this baseline.  Or maybe do the viceversa, choose the items
> and bring
> the kernel up to a level to be able to support its implementation.
> Going
> forward with both in increments will also help us to merge forward
> easily, I
> would imagine.

I don't get the issue here. We have several people working in the
kernel at the moment on different features - commits from me,
jmarino, meerajk, rfeng, svkrish in the last 24 hours. This is all
evolutionary development of stuff which will be in the next /kernel/
release.

> - I don't think its would be a good idea for the items in
> Sebastien's list
> to wait until the ongoing work in the kernel and runtime is complete.

I really don't give a flying rat's patootie about what's on a list
developed outside the community.

> I think Jeremy's point that we have to stop and now look what we
> are doing
> as a community is valid. We must have to get things around so that
> everybody
> in the community is able to contribute effectively.

Those are concrete issues that we can tackle. The pre-spec branch was
meant to provide an environment that would let people develop
extensions whilst the kernel was evolving given we know having
everything merged does not work. If it's not working either, let's do
something different.

--
Jeremy

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Angel Todorov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any plans for Tuscany to actually use the Axis2 runtime
> (whole infrastructure), not only its libs for specific parts of the
> SOAP processing? I think it is very important to use one uniform
> stack, and not have different runtimes. The axis2 WS runtime is more
> mature, and more advanced. Could you comment on what the efforts are
> to do this migration? Maybe I can also help... Thanks.
>
> Best,
> Angel

We are already using parts of the Axis2 infrastructure in addition to
the obvious use of the Axis2 runtime in our WS/SOAP binding:
-  Our Axiom databinding can be used independent of SOAP, to convert
from another databinding to an Axiom  model
- We are using the Axis2 WSDL2Java code generators, and this goes beyond
Web Services as with SCA all components can mix WSDL portTypes and Java
interfaces.

We could probably reuse more from Axis2 or improve how we use it... and
we could use help as well :) What did you have in mind?

Posted by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
> away in PHP and C++ land. But I've only this week started again to
> think
> about looking back at getting the various runtimes to play together
> having
> not looked at Java SCA since M1 days.
That would be cool. We're getting the federated pieces in place and
are using JXTA which has a C++ implementation.

> Back then I got put off because of
> the revolution moving from M1 to the M2 approach made it very
> difficult, for
> the Java SCA novice like me at least, to do anything sensible. My
> timing
> must be really messed up because I'm now looking at this thread with a
> certain sense of Deja Vu. I'm interested in being able to test
> running Java
> SCA composites over the coming weeks. Not absolutely convinced I
> need a
> system supporting all the 1.0 features this minute but clearly it
> would be
> good not to be prevented from moving in that direction.
You probably have several options we'd be happy to help get you spun
up with:

- If you want a (relatively) stable, tested release, I would try M2.
The downside is it is based of the .95 SCA spec. For starting our and
developing apps, I would use this.

- If you want a slightly more updated version for creating runtime
extensions, the pre-spec snapshot should be relatively stable. The
changes from the M2 release are constrained so if you were more
interested in developing an extension on a stable release, I would go
with it.

- If you want to develop against the 1.0 spec, we're pretty close in
trunk to getting support for a good chunk of the 1.0 client APIs.
Meeraj has also made a lot of progress on defining the discovery and
federation messages. Perhaps we could work together on those so the
Java and C++ runtime can federate as a starting point?

I'm happy to help so drop a line on the list.

Jim

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 2/8/07, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> [...]
> > > their right to veto any change that impedes their progress?  The
> > > latter approach would put a significant, albeit short term, damper on
> > > refactoring efforts, independent of the long term value in said
> > > refactoring.
> > >
> > > So, to put a not so fine point on it, it would represent essentially a
> > > moratorium on all but the most insignificant refactoring efforts.
> > >
> > > Is that what this group wants?
> >
> > I don't know.
>
> Actually, I would seriously doubt it.
>
> > One of the factors here is the change in the spec APIs from 0.95 to
> > 1.0 which had many incompatible changes. I think we all want to
> > support 1.0 but reality is that all of our samples, "end-to-end
> > scenarios" and itests are written against the 0.95 level. We knew
> > evolution to 1.0 would be disruptive which is why we have a "pre-
> > spec" branch as a baseline for ongoing development at the 0.95 level;
> > it seems like some friction is coming because this is not working and
> > perhaps tackling that will make things smoother.
>
> Perhaps.  But it is also possible that a branch that is closer to the
> current trunk would be less disruptive long term.  And not necessarily
> just one branch, this process could conceivably even repeat
> periodically, and eventually converge.
>
> > People have talked about working on scenarios and Jira issues, but
> > it's not clear if they are intending to do that at the 0.95 level or
> > at the 1.0 level. If at the 1.0 level, the harsh reality is that we
> > don't have a 1.0 level runtime yet to support them - some of us are
> > working on it but it's not done yet. I think joining in that work is
> > the most effective way to get something that can run 1.0 level
> > scenarios, but if people want to start a branch and do it there
> > that's cool too.
>
> At some point you hit the mythical man month "nine women, one baby" issue.
>
> re: "if people want to start a branch and do it there that's cool too."
>
> +1
>
> > > If so, another way to proceed is for the project to adopt a 'review
> > > then commit model', whereby all changes are proposed for discussion
> > > and voted on before commits are made.  Projects which place a high
> > > premium on stability, like the Apache HTTPD project operate in this
> > > way everyday.
> >
> > I've been wondering about that too - not for stability, but for the
> > community-building aspect. It's certainly a better option than
> > throwing vetos around.
>
> Geronimo recently had this imposed on them.  It was just the jolt that
> they needed, but once that was accomplished, it was quickly disposed
> of.  My thoughts are that it is an option to consider, but one not to
> be taken lightly.
>
> - Sam Ruby

> I can't speak from a java SCA developers perspective. I 've been tucked
away in PHP and C++ land. But I've only this week started again to think
about looking back at getting the various runtimes to play together having
not looked at Java SCA since M1 days.  Back then I got put off because of
the revolution moving from M1 to the M2 approach made it very difficult, for
the Java SCA novice like me at least, to do anything sensible. My timing
must be really messed up because I'm now looking at this thread with a
certain sense of Deja Vu. I'm interested in being able to test running Java
SCA composites over the coming weeks. Not absolutely convinced I need a
system supporting all the 1.0 features this minute but clearly it would be
good not to be prevented from moving in that direction. I'm no fan of branch
and merge either but I guess I'm saying I would like two things which
appear, from this thread, to be at odds at the moment, i.e. a reasonably
stable and up to date-ish integration environment and the continued
development of the trunk toward the bells and whistles 1.0 environment.

Simon

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
On 2/8/07, Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> wrote:

> - To satisfy those requirements, is the intent to do that significant
> work in branch and how will it be moved into trunk? Or, is it
> intended that the work be done in trunk and rolled into branch?

In times like these, generally the intent is to do the work and then
to assess based on taking a look at the actual code what the best path
forward is.  Until that code is written, it is premature to speculate
what the outcome will be.

> - If it is the latter, how is this any different than the process of
> using Maven snapshots that we have already set up?
>
> - If the goal is to do significant work in branch, what happens when
> changes in trunk are incompatible with new work in the branch?

As I understand it, the goal is to do whatever it takes to get some
specific user scenarios working.  Whatever it takes generally includes
changes.

Given the discussion to date, I think that it is taken as a given that
some portion of the changes in the trunk will be incompatible with the
work done in this branch.  The only way to prevent this is to either
cease work on the trunk, continue to impede progress towards getting
these scenarios working, or a branch.

> I'm all for people doing revolutions or blowing off steam but more
> clarity and discussion about what is going on would be helpful for me.

Referring to this as "blowing off steam" is counter productive.
Getting the scenarios working is productive, even if only 85%, 65%, or
35% of the work ultimately ends up being reusable.

> The other question I had is how this relates to the release process
> others of us are working toward that was started back in January. I
> think having this branch called the "next milestone" release is
> confusing. I'm all for simultaneous release processes if that helps
> ease friction or provides people what they need but what then do we
> call the work going on in trunk? In keeping with our Italian theme
> and the idea of blowing off smoke, maybe the branch can be tagged
> "fumo" :-) Are there some precedents for this in other projects?

This I agree with.  Statements or nomenclature that imply any form of
succession cause friction.

> Jim

- Sam Ruby

Re: sca-java-integration branch, was: Content for next milestone

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 9, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have changed the branch to use "0.1-integration-incubating-
> SNAPSHOT" as the version id.

Thanks
--
Jeremy

Re: sca-java-integration branch, was: Content for next milestone

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
[snip]

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
> It actually is unknowable.  It is the nature of the work.
>
> The branch could go nowhere.  It could become the basis for people to
> quickly these scenarios to the trunk.  It could expose problems
> earlier than would otherwise be found on the trunk.
>
> At a minimum, it will not disrupt continued progress on the trunk, and
> by being done in the open and under a compatible license, it can be
> readily cannibalized at any point.

I wanted to know if the goal was to develop against trunk or to
develop against branch. Wouldn't people know this at the outset, i.e.
what the purpose of branching is? I realize goals may change as
things evolve but it would be nice to know what the initial
objectives are. Those are still unclear to me. Sebastien mentioned,
"The main goal of this branch is integration and stabilization, so
I'd prefer to not use it for big new features that would destabilize
it, but I'm sure that we'll need incremental improvements and fixes
to the existing features in that branch". Yet the list of
"requirements" he put on the wiki entail significant additions to the
existing architecture. For example, the runtime and client api are
changed in the SCA specifications, which means none of the existing
samples  (e.g. BigBank) or runtimes work on any revision of the code
base.

So, what would really help me is for someone to clarify for me the
following:

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 8, 2007, at 6:28 AM, Geoffrey Winn wrote:

> Does it do any actual harm to have a branch, even if not everyone
> thinks
> it's necessary?
I would say it depends on the purpose of the branch. If the intent is
stabilization for a release where only bug fixes are introduced, then
I think it is a good thing since it allows development (e.g. new
features) to continue in trunk without disrupting the release. There
is also the case of revolution or experimentation where people want
to try out radically new ideas; it seems like sandbox is a better
place for that type of work. Another case is new development on an
existing codeline, e.g. SCA .95, which seems appropriate for a branch.

However, I'm not sure either of those are a goal of the current
branch proposal. The list of "requirements" posted to the wiki entail
a significant number of new features that are intended to be done in
trunk (e.g. "support for SCA 1.0"). It doesn't seem like the goal is
revolution. For example, Sebastien mentioned his criteria for
integrating new code developed in trunk: "I'll be happy to
synchronize with pieces of it [kernel trunk], as long as the samples
and integration tests work".

Maybe someone could explain the goals of the branch? Specifically, it
would help me if someone could answer a few questions:

- Is development going to take place there or is it just to
"stabilize" for a release?
- If development is going to take place, is it for SCA .95 or SCA 1.0?
- Why can't new development be done in trunk? It would be
particularly helpful to understand specifics so that people working
in kernel and other areas can resolve them.
- What code would serve as the basis of the branch? For example, M2
or another tag?

> Presumably that gives the people that want stability a place
> to work and at worst they've bought themselves some extra work
> merging back
> into the main development stream later.
>
> My previous experience (3 major occasions) has been that code
> branches often
> turn out to be more trouble than they are worth, but just
> occasionally they
> can be the right answer.

My experience has been the same. I'd really like to understand the
intent of branching a little more, and specifically how it relates to
the release work already underway in trunk.

Jim

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Does it do any actual harm to have a branch, even if not everyone thinks
it's necessary? Presumably that gives the people that want stability a place
to work and at worst they've bought themselves some extra work merging back
into the main development stream later.

My previous experience (3 major occasions) has been that code branches often
turn out to be more trouble than they are worth, but just occasionally they
can be the right answer.

Geoff.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the write-up, comments inline.

Jim

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Venkata Krishnan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Heres my opinion from the perspective of some items that I have
> owned up to
> do quite a while back - support for complex properties and multivalued
> properties.  I'd see them as some fundamental things that a user might
> expect to see out of our next milestone and am happy that they are
> a part of
> this list that Sebastien has proposed.
>
> Now to complete this, I am in dire need for a stable runtime and
> client
> API.  I need this for two reasons i) to figure out the workings of the
> kernel through debugging so that I may implement these features
> according to
> the framework's design (with loaders, builders, etc.)
Debugging and understanding the kernel architecture should be
orthogonal to a stable "runtime" and client API. Otherwise, we have
failed with our architecture design. The kernel architecture should
not be dependent on either the runtime (e.g. how it is embedded) or
the client API.

For example, you should be able to debug various subsystems through
the existing testcases. These, coupled with the posts to the mailing
list describing some of the new work being done, should provide you
with a starting point. Of course, documentation and write-up could
always be better...If you are still having trouble after working
through the testcases, I'm sure people working in particular areas of
concern would be happy to answer any questions you pose.

In terms of the specific work you are interested in, e.g. complex
properties, you should be able to go ahead and work off kernel
without issue. I would follow-up with Meeraj and Jeremy on the loader
side to sync with what they are doing.

> and ii) to test if the
> whole thing sews up together and works as expected.  I am just not
> able to
> figure out how to do this from the current trunk andI have already
> started
> to plead for help in this regard from the community

I believe Jeremy responded in his launcher post. If not could you
send specifics to the list and someone will try and help out? We need
to update the Maven iTest plugin. I don't think you need to wait for
this, however, to start any of the work you are interested in.

> I have no complaints about the work that is going on presently in
> the kernel
> - infact I am excited about the vision with which its being
> driven.  But
> then, I'd be happy if I could do my parts as well alongside.
>
> Here are my thoughts for the path forward...
> - I'd like us to plan for the next milestone release ideally by end
> of March
> to feed the curiosity of our users.  Having a long gap will kill their
> interest in our technology.
Agreed that a long gap will kill momentum. That's why I suggested a
compact kernel release back in January, and that's what several of us
are working towards. I think it would be great to have additional
features others may be interested in. What I'm not too keen on is
holding up the kernel release for extensions - that will put us back
in the position we are attempting to get out of with the modularity
work.

That said, having a follow-on release that uses a prior-released
kernel version sounds like a great idea.

> - I'd deem the current kernel work as well as the items listed by
> Sebastien
> as equally important, but we probably need to figure out how we can
> do both
> parallely.  Can we not do an incremental development of both?
Don't we get that with modularizing the build as we have done?
Extensions work off a release or snapshot of kernel that evolves over
time. I'm not sure why work on kernel cannot be done in parallel
assuming people coordinate on list.

> For example
> we could baseline a stable and functioning version of the kernel
> and runtime
> and then choose those items from Sebastien's list that can be
> implemented
> over this baseline.

I don't think this is appropriate or really needed. All development
should be done against trunk. Extensions may chose not to use kernel
directly, in which case they can point to a snapshot.

> Or maybe do the viceversa, choose the items and bring
> the kernel up to a level to be able to support its implementation.

I'm not sure I follow this. If we need the kernel to support certain
features, I'm happy to help out as best I can. However, I'm really
not for participating in another release that repeats the M1 process
where we concocted a long list of "requirements" that people marched
to and took months to deliver. I'd rather have smaller, incremental
releases. If people want to have a release that follows this longer
process, they should do so as long as we can release kernel in
accordance with the "release early, release often" mantra.

>   Going
> forward with both in increments will also help us to merge forward
> easily, I
> would imagine.
If development is not done against the trunk I think this will be
very problematic both from a technical as well as a community
perspective. We need to work together, not separately. If during the
release process we need to branch for stability with the intention
that only bug fixing is done in branch, that works for me. However,
development would be done against trunk.

> - I don't think its would be a good idea for the items in
> Sebastien's list
> to wait until the ongoing work in the kernel and runtime is complete.

Why? :-) I think that work should start now in kernel against trunk.

> I think Jeremy's point that we have to stop and now look what we
> are doing
> as a community is valid. We must have to get things around so that
> everybody
> in the community is able to contribute effectively.
+1. For me, doing development in trunk and relating a release
proposal to work already being done is a first step toward getting
people to act more like a community.

Jim

Re: Content for next milestone

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'd tend to agree with Rick, where he said that he needs to be able to work
with a running user samples and a complete system to help better understand
and figure out how pieces and parts fit together, and I believe this would
be the expectation of somebody trying to joying the Tuscany community, in
particular SCA. Current trunk code does not allow for a end-to-end working
system, and the build profiles are building only a very small subset of the
code when you try to build from trunk top-level giving you a false
impression that all is fine and working. I think that, as Geoff said,
occasionally a branch might be the right answer.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.