Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 02:01:42 UTC

[vote] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha

Passing a kidney stone is less complicated than building a release for
Wicket, even with the current improvements. I think it will only
become better when we leave Java 1.4 behind. Anyhow, enough
complaining.

This is a vote to release our first Apache Incubator release to the
IPMC. As this release is a sort of development snapshot we won't be
pushing it out to the general public. Feel free to use this snapshot
in your projects, but be aware that we don't guarantee any form of
stability API-wise and bug-wise. We built this release solely to
resolve our legal issues and validate our release procedure.

With any release done inside the Apache Foundation, we should be very
dilligent and ensure the release is 'up to standards'. However, since
this release is our first that will be under considerate scrutiny, I
kindly request that you take extra time and check this release for any
unresolved legal issues, quality and/or documentation issues. See [1]
for the checklist as the Incubator PMC expects.

I know this is not a space shuttle launch, but we will be investigated
vigorously. A positive vote from the IPMC will bring us soo much
closer to graduation!

The goodies:
 - the distribution:
      http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha/dist
 - the maven 2 repo:
      http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha/m2-repo
 - the svn tag:
      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/releases/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha/
 - the key used to sign this release:
      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/common/KEYS

The vote:
[ ] Yes, ask the IPMC to ratify the 1.3.0-incubating-alpha release
[ ] No, don't ask the IPMC

This vote will run for 72 hours and is by majority (PPMC members have
binding votes, everybody is free to vote). It requires at least three
binding +1 votes to pass. [2]

Martijn

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

Re: [vote] release wicket-1.3.0-incubating-alpha

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hmm...

The target filtering sucks...

I had to remove the exclude pattern for **/target/** because then the
RequestTargets would disappear from the wicket source.

Martijn

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
This is not my vote (yet), but just to inform you that I had created this
wiki page[1], to describe the legal aspect of the release. It's not
completed or up to date, but I will change it later today or tomorrow
morning, so we can use that we move on to IPMC.

Frank

[1]:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+1.3.0+incubating+checkpoint+1

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
-1 for this version.

 - the zip and tar ball miss MD5 and SHA checksums
 - the zip contains the tar ball (thx Frank for finding that)

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I just downloaded the release (zip) and behold:

cd src
mvn test
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] Wicket Parent ......................................... SUCCESS [3.024s]
[INFO] Wicket JDK 1.4 modules ................................ SUCCESS [0.154s]
[INFO] Wicket ................................................ SUCCESS [27.941s]
[INFO] Wicket Extensions ..................................... SUCCESS [2.264s]
[INFO] Wicket Spring Integration ............................. SUCCESS [1.510s]
[INFO] Wicket Quickstart ..................................... SUCCESS [1.154s]
[INFO] Wicket Date/Time ...................................... SUCCESS [1.031s]
[INFO] Wicket JDK 1.5 modules ................................ SUCCESS [0.004s]
[INFO] Wicket Auth Roles ..................................... SUCCESS [1.466s]
[INFO] Wicket JMX ............................................ SUCCESS [0.803s]
[INFO] Wicket Objects Sizeof Agent ........................... SUCCESS [0.313s]
[INFO] Wicket Spring Integration through Annotations ......... SUCCESS [1.220s]
[INFO] Wicket Examples ....................................... SUCCESS [25.913s]
[INFO] Wicket Thread Test .................................... SUCCESS [0.456s]

Can we please refer only to the release when reporting test failures?
Or if/when you have failing tests in the release distribution, report
which tests are not working, and what you did to make them fail?

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.