Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mahendra mahendra <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/27 01:23:54 UTC

Performance issue

Hi,

I have configured solr in two different servers in different machines.
One server I am using for indexing and another server using for searching data.
Both servers are pointing to the common data directory (shared drive).

When indexer server posting the data to shared drive (data directory), search server is not displaying the data which is posted newly from indexer server unless restarting the search server or reloading search server cores. It’s having unnecessary load on the search server.

Is there anyway I can get the results without restarting the server or reloading cores from search machine.

Would appreciate for any help!!

Thanks & Regards,
Mahendra

Re: Performance issue

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/27 mahendra mahendra <ma...@yahoo.com>

> Is there anyway I can get the results without restarting the server or
> reloading cores from search machine.

A commit on the slave (searcher) will be needed to re-open the IndexReader
and show the latest updates. Ofcourse, that should be done after the commit
on the master (indexer) has been called.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.