Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jafarim <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/23 17:05:27 UTC

Lazy Field Loading in IndexSearcher

Hi
I am seeking for making use of the latest lazy field loading in lucene 2.1.
I store the orignal bytes of a document, say a PDF file for example, in a
special untokenized field in the index. Though there is enough facilities in
IndexReader class for lazy field loading, the search API in IndexSearcher
does not contain such facilities (seemingly). Hence, the Documents I get
from the Hits.doc() would not benefit from the mentioned feature.
Am I missing an important point or this is a desired feature to go on the
todo list?
--Jafarim

Re: Lazy Field Loading in IndexSearcher

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Sorry if the question is trivial but why not a Hits.doc(int,FieldSelector)
: method?

As i said before...

>> Lazy loading stored fields is really about perfermance tweaking ... if
>> yoiu are that concerned baout performance, you shouldn't be using Hits at
>> all.

...there is a lot of info in the archives about why Hits is not what you
should be using if you are trying to tweak for speed.

-Hoss

Re: Lazy Field Loading in IndexSearcher

Posted by jafarim <ja...@gmail.com>.