Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Gerardo Curiel <ge...@gerar.do> on 2018/04/23 12:45:52 UTC

Bug fixes release

Hello folks,

I'll start by saying thank you all for writing and maintaining Airflow. It
has helped us streamline most of our data engineering tasks at work and it
has been a joy to use 👏.

So, I was wondering why the following issues are marked for version 2.0.0

- psycopg2 version 2.7.4 was released and the wheel package was renamed to
psycopg2-binary (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2125)
- Add ability to remove DAG and all dependencies (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1002)

The first is small enough that it could be released as part of the planned
1.10 release. The second one seems self-contained enough to be part of the
release as well, but I understand there might be more important features to
release.

I want to get a sense of how things are prioritised. I couldn't find
anything specific in the Contributors' Guide or the Committers' Guide.

Cheers,

Gerardo.

Re: Bug fixes release

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
We most likely branch out v1-10-test later this afternoon (CET), this will branched of master hence include all fixes up until now. This will then be the basis for 1.10 and any big features will need to wait for 2.0 (smaller fixes 1.10.X).

Bolke.