Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Laporte <la...@plaporte.net> on 2003/06/11 06:31:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Is that possible to run Apache stand-alone on Windows Me?

I would like to run Apache/PHP/mySQL on my personal PC to prototype Web
pages and scripts before uploading them to my official Web site at my ISP. I
just want to use the server locally (no access from the Internet) as a mean
to run and debug my PHP scripts.

My PC runs Win Me, without any LAN card. Nevertheless TCP-IP is available as
a software (checked in Network in Configuration Folder). I guess for the
dial-up connection to my ISP. In the httpd conf file, I put ServerName
localhost:8080.

I have installed Apache 2, and when I try to start it in a DOS console, I
get the error message:
[crit] (OS 10038) Socket operation on non-socket: make_sock: for address
0.0.0.0:8080, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE)
no listening socket available, shutting down.

I don't know if this config is workable at all. If yes, I wonder what I need
to install or to configure.

Thanks for help.

Pierre