Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ND <nd...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/29 02:57:46 UTC

Filter Queries with Suggester Search Component

Hello,

I have been working on a project to modernize a search suggestion component
that currently relies on a spellchecker component to return suggestions to
the user.  I want to move the suggester from the Spellchecker component
over to the Suggester search component but I have ran into a snag in
implementing. The current model has filters to limit the suggestions to
content the user has access to. In the documentation their is a comment,
from 2014, pointing out that the suggester component currently doesn’t
support filter queries for the 4.x branch but their isn’t a mention for the
5.x branch or the new 6.x branch of Solr.

The first question I have is:
        1. What limitations are there for not adding support for FQ’s with
Solr Suggester Component or has this already been addressed (couldn’t find
any mention online outside the one comment in the wiki).
        2. Two of the lookup implementations support context filters, which
look to provide some of the filter query functionality (all be it limited
functionality); can these be supplied at query time in the query URL
similar to FQ’s or do they have to be defined within the search component
configs?  Also can you supply multiple context filters either at query time
or in the configs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick Drake