Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2006/01/26 07:22:28 UTC

Sandbox mailing lists?

Mark Womack and I discussed setting up mailing lists for the sandbox
to host discussions on experimental projects that don't align with
the existing subprojects and specifically using it as a forum to
discuss requirements, approaches and feasibility for a JavaScript
project.

In addition, the logging/sandbox SVN is currently configured to send
commit messages to an non-existent sandbox-cvs@logging.apache.org
mailing list.

Any comments on setting up a sandbox-dev and sandbox-cvs/snv/commit
mailing list?

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Sandbox mailing lists?

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
If the volume on the sandbox lists is very low, or expected to very
low, I think the additional cross-pollination benefit of keeping the
people interested in sandbox discussions on the main lists outweighs
the additional distribution costs.  The sandbox-cvs@logging would eb
the exception, as it's not a human discussion thing really: I'd set up
that address, but keep what would be sandbox-dev@logging and
sandbox-users@logging on the main dev@logging and users@logging lists.

This is just an indication of preferences, not a strong opinion, much
less a -1.  If people really want sandbox lists, I don't mind...

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow