Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/12/03 14:54:04 UTC

Re: Simplest possible way for dependency mapping?

I got quite a few replies off-list on this; seems lots of people
'misuse' tweety in concept projects :D

I've thought about this some more (and I asked a CS professor over here
;), and essentially came to the conclusion that building a DAG graph is
indeed the simplest possible setup, and it matters only a teeny weeny
little bit whether you build it based on BeanInfo like stuff or some
kind of file format. And there's as many ways to handle this as there
are programmers ;)

I think Tweety should stay as-is, with an explanation as to how it
doesn't really support ServiceManager properly and why that is. Whether
we want a more complex demo (as Nicola suggested) or whether existing
material can be made easier to understand -- not sure yet.

thanks for all the input,

cheers,

- Leo

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I've thought about this some more (and I asked a CS professor over here
> ;), and essentially came to the conclusion that building a DAG graph is
> indeed the simplest possible setup ...

That might be a useful internal representation for containers that can be
generated from meta-data, beaninfo, XML documents, etc.  There could be an
assembler shared by multiple profiles that is driven from multiple types of
source material.

	--- Noel

RE: Simplest possible way for dependency mapping?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.