Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ivan Siviero <iv...@concept.it> on 2001/02/18 14:16:14 UTC

exception redirect [OT] ?

Maybe this will be a little bit OT
i want to redirect all the exception occurred in all actions and custom tags
to a page which send me an email with exception details.
In my web.xml i set the following tags
<error-page>
    <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
    <location>/errorPage.jsp</location>
</error-page>

the errorPage.jsp  contain the directive: <%page isErrorPage="true"%>

In an action a try to call a method on a null object which causes a
NullPointerException.
I get redirect to my errorPage.jsp but when i get the exception with
pageContext.getException(), it is null;
I also have tried to set <%page errorPage="/errorPage.jsp"%> in every jsp
page i have, but nothing seems to work.

Any clue ?
Ivan.