Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bil Mason <Bi...@healthcare.com> on 2001/04/20 17:48:47 UTC

RE: Deleting char* returned from DOMString.transcode() in VC++ 6. 0

For anyone who uses cl.exe (MSVC command line compiler) from the command
line (like those of us who build on multiple platforms so we use a make
system), you should use the /MDd option.  This:

"Defines _DEBUG, _MT, and _DLL so that debug multithread- and DLL-specific
versions of the run-time routines are selected from the standard .H files.
It also causes the compiler to place the library name MSVCRTD.LIB into the
.OBJ file. "

>From MSVC 6.0 Programmers Guide - "Use Runtime Library" topic.

We never needed this option before using Xerces-C so when I originally built
the code, I had a TON of those msvcrt debug messages (worked fine when NOT
built with debug though).  Adding this switch solved my problems.

[Bil Mason]