Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Garrett <St...@cometsystems.com> on 2003/09/24 15:31:39 UTC

quick question

Hi,

Can I envoke jsp from outside of the application directory.  For example, I
have /var/tomcat4/webapps/application/some.jsp.  Can I put some.jsp in
/home/apache/ (my apache docroot) and have it still work?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: quick question

Posted by Atreya Basu <at...@greenfieldresearch.ca>.
Hi Steven,

You should be able to if your URI directive is something like,
[uri:localhost/*.jsp].  The other thing that you need to do is set up
the proper context for the JSP, so if you want to place them in
/home/apache, you'll need to add the proper context directive in your
server.xml file.

Atreya

Steven Garrett wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can I envoke jsp from outside of the application directory.  For example, I
>have /var/tomcat4/webapps/application/some.jsp.  Can I put some.jsp in
>/home/apache/ (my apache docroot) and have it still work?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Developer
Greenfield Research Inc.