Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/20 13:37:14 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1125326 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_neon/props.c

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 07:15,  <iv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: ivan
> Date: Fri May 20 11:15:41 2011
> New Revision: 1125326

> Log:
> ra_neon: Reduce number of HTTP requests for svn ls command to 11 from 14
> when working with HTTPv1 server.
>
> * subversion/libsvn_ra_neon/props.c
>  (svn_ra_neon__get_starting_props): Discover repository root from
>   baseline-relative-path.

And if an (old) server does not provide this, will it gracefully fall
back to the older strategy?

Thanks,
-g

Re: svn commit: r1125326 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_neon/props.c

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 13:37, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 07:15,  <iv...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: ivan
>> Date: Fri May 20 11:15:41 2011
>> New Revision: 1125326

>> Log:
>> ra_neon: Reduce number of HTTP requests for svn ls command to 11 from 14
>> when working with HTTPv1 server.
>>
>> * subversion/libsvn_ra_neon/props.c
>>  (svn_ra_neon__get_starting_props): Discover repository root from
>>   baseline-relative-path.
>
> And if an (old) server does not provide this, will it gracefully fall
> back to the older strategy?

Actually we do, but I was thinking that baseline-relative-path
property is supported by all DAV servers. baseline-relative-path added
in r839029 in 2001.

--
Ivan Zhakov