Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/02/26 23:52:30 UTC

Re: issues with cocoon charter?

Steven Noels wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>
>> And the Board already told Cocoon that it did not like that tautology.
>> For
>> the Cocoon case, the Board was comfortable in creating the PMC and
>> letting
>> them get started, with the caveat that they must submit a refined
>> charter to
>> the Board.
>

> Picked up from community@apache.org.
>
> Stefano,
>
> could you provide some context to us, so that we can collaborate on
> solving this issue? Or have I missed something?

The current Cocoon charter is recursive. Basically we say that the
Cocoon project will manage the Cocoon code. In short, we can do
anything, even client-side software for voice recognition or inertial
missile guidance systems.

The ASF board wants us to come up with a real scope and stick with it.

The problem is: how do we define Cocoon now that XML publishing became
too limited?

the real core of what we do is about 'XML pipelines and their use in
content production, management and serving'. But it might sound too broad.

suggestions anyone?

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: issues with cocoon charter?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 27 February 2003 06:52, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> client-side software for voice recognition or inertial
> missile guidance systems.

This sounds better ;o)

Re: issues with cocoon charter?

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 26/2/03 22:52, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> The ASF board wants us to come up with a real scope and stick with it.
> [...]
> the real core of what we do is about 'XML pipelines and their use in
> content production, management and serving'. But it might sound too broad.

This one sounds just fine to me...

    Pier