Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Diedershagen, Stephan" <SD...@montaplast.com> on 2011/07/04 07:53:42 UTC

The requested resource (/manager/status) is not available

Hi all,

I am trying since a few hours to find out what will be the reason for
getting the error The requested resource (/manager/status) is not
available.

I also used google but I got no solution.

I have running the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 on SLES 11.

These URL's won't work:

http://srvplm61:8030/manager/status

http://srvplm61:8030/manager/html

http://srvplm61:8030/docs/changelog.html

http://srvplm61:8030/docs

The only which works is http://srvplm61:8030/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Any ideas?

Regards

Stephan

Montaplast GmbH, mit Sitz in Morsbach / Sieg; Registriert beim Amtsgericht Siegburg HRB 7413;
UST-Id: DE 811 207 232 - Steuer Nr. 54/851/00921
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Albert Stulz, (Vors.); Christian A. Stulz, Josef Wagener, Frank Schlieber
Montaplast of North America, Inc.;
Hoover Blvd. 2011; Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, USA
Montaplast Automotive System (SIP) Co.,LTD.;
2# ShaBeiXiang, East SuHong Road, Suzhou Industrial Park
Suzhou 215021, China
Montaplast of Japan, Ltd.
Excellent III Building, 8/F

Re: The requested resource (/manager/status) is not available

Posted by Thomas Freitag <th...@freit.ag>.

Re: The requested resource (/manager/status) is not available

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Diedershagen, Stephan wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying since a few hours to find out what will be the reason for
> getting the error The requested resource (/manager/status) is not
> available.
>
> I also used google but I got no solution.
>
> I have running the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 on SLES 11.
>
> These URL's won't work:
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/manager/status
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/manager/html
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/docs/changelog.html
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/docs
>

> The only which works is http://srvplm61:8030/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>

> Any ideas?

A guess : you are installing Tomcat via a SLES package, and that package does not contain
the Manager application, nor the Tomcat documentation.
Check your SLES Tomcat-related packages, and see if you did not forget to install something.

Note: in general, if you are installing Tomcat from a OS-supplied package (such as the
SLES software disks), the people here would not know what these packages contain or where
they install things.  You should direct your questions to the people who provided the
packages (in this case Suse).