Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <Gu...@GMail.com> on 2005/04/04 09:02:54 UTC

Re: JAAS authentication and global realms

  Once more, could you send those mails to the tomcat mailing-list and not
directly to me ? It helps me to sort my mails and it can profit to more
people ...

On Friday 01 April 2005 18.26, you wrote:
> My problem is I am not
> able to understand how to assign roles to a particular user. For example
> ..After the user is authenticated in the commit() I try to add principal to
> the subject with the set for roles as..
> subject.getPrincipals().add((principal));

  That should be correct.

> Though the role shows up under principals for the subject, he fails to be
> authenticated. Can you please help me. it's a bit urgent. Hope the problem
> was clear enough) Ops I am trying to use JAAS in Borland Enterprise Server.

  How do you check that the roles shows up in the principal ? Do you have an
authentication or an authorization problem ? What implementation of Principal
are you using ? Could you send the relevant java code ?

  Sorry that I'm not able to help you more right now ...

 Guillaume

--
Guillaume Lederrey
Rte des Arsenaux 15